O2 Employment Services is currently seeking an experienced Grade Setter to fill a opening with a local construction company located in Redding. The ideal candidates should be experienced in grade setting and willing to grow with the company.
Requirements of the Grade Setter
- MUST have at least 2 years of Grade Setting/ Excavation experience
- Read and understand survey stakes to determine grade specification for embankment/excavation.
- Experience observing excavation and embankment activities to verify conformance to stake references and notify equipment operators or supervisors of deviations.
Read and understand construction plans and specifications to ensure jobs are built correctly and to spec.
- Collect and utilize information using GPS equipment.
Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, GPS equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Assist in loading and unloading equipment for transport, including load securement.
- Perform other duties as assigned including general labor.
Personal Requirements of the Grade Setter
- Punctual, reliable and able to maintain a consistent work schedule
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Take initiative and ask questions as needed
- Ability to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Able to communicate with the public and co-workers effectively
- Reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Flexibility to work extra hours
Benefits of the Grade Setter
- $25-$35/ hour depending on experience
- Voluntary Medical, dental and Term Life insurance
Responsibilities of the Grade Setter
- Work in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Assist construction site workers in grading and underground operations
- Interpret survey stakes and plans to provide control ahead of grading and underground operations
- Set grade and excavation to blueprint design.
- Grade setter, track hoe, backhoe, loader, haul truck and water truck.
- Front end loader, skid stir, compactor roller
- Inform the Foreman of discrepancies between the plans and site conditions
- Collaborate with Foreman to maintain as-built drawings
- Work well with all parties involved including, coworkers, inspectors and management