FINANCE MANAGER SUMMARY
O2 Employment Services, the North State’s leader in HR and recruiting, is currently partnering with a faith based organization to find their next Finance Manager. This is a great opportunity to work in a positive and encouraging environment!
REQUIREMENTS for FINANCE MANAGER
- A minimum of an associate degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution or five years of experience in financial management and fund-based accounting and restricted/non- restricted funds.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Word, Excel, and fund-based accounting software.
- Attention to detail in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork, and support of center ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the center and staff and members.
- Dependable attendance.
FINANCE MANAGER DUTIES
- Maintain a financial record system for the center’s senior minister and board to direct its operations.
- Oversee the cash position of the bookstore to help best manage the inventory.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and supplemental reports for the monthly board packet for senior minister and the board.
- Maintain control of a proper cash flow to meet obligations.
- Oversee the receipt, deposit and disbursement of all church funds.
- Keep all financial contribution information confidential.
- Record weekly contributions to the general fund, endowment fund, special funds, and other funds.
- Enter all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, obtain signatures, and prepare for mailing.
- Balance checking account and submit reconciliation to the treasurer.
- Administer payroll for center employees.
- Assure all monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax forms, make necessary deposits, and annual W-2 forms. Make sure all reports are promptly paid and/or filed in a timely manner.
- Assure compliance with federal and state labor laws.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Record pledges and quarterly giving statements.
- Assist the board/committee in planning and promoting the Pledge Program.
- Maintain an inventory of all center property and equipment.
- Manage all contracts and contract updates for equipment including the copy machine.
- Coordinate facility maintenance.
FINANCE MANAGER COMPENSATION
- $16/hr with evaluation after 90 days
FINANCE MANAGER HOURS