O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local nonprofit to find their next Event Manager. The Fund Development Event Manager is responsible for strategic initiative and management of all fund raising events to successfully meet annual goals and build future sustainability. The Event Manager performs planning, organizing, coordinating and promoting of the nonprofit’s events. This position is responsible for event program budget, event sponsorships, and obtaining Annual Sponsorships under the direct supervision of the Director of Development. Event Manager is responsible for supervision of event volunteers. When out in the field, this position is responsible for making major decisions regarding the health and safety of event participants, volunteers, and staff and maintaining the image of the nonprofit.
REQUIREMENTS for Event Manager
- BA degree in related field or two to three years of experience working in resource development, public relations or management preferred.
- Strong supervisory, organizational and communication skills required.
- Grant research and excellent writing skills.
- Experience with donor database, website editing, graphic design, Word, Excel, and Photo Shop.
- Knowledge of industry standards, principles, and practices of event management including project management, staging an event, risk management, site procurement, communications, and consumer/vendor relations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as a team member.
- Ability to maintain good rapport with Staff, Board Members, Volunteers and Donors.
- Knowledge and support of issues as described in nonprofit’s Mission Statement.
- Knowledge of community resources, volunteers, funding, and development resources.
- Awareness of the various aspects of physical, sexual and emotional violence.
- Valid California driver’s license and certificate of insurance.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Satisfactory completion of a 66-hour domestic violence and sexual assault crisis intervention training (post-hiring requirement) and ongoing completion of continuing education hours to maintain state certification as a domestic violence and sexual assault advocate/counselor.
- Free from any personal involvement with domestic violence and/or sexual assault for one year.
- Ability to pass a background investigation (fingerprinting) and pre-employment drug testing.
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS for Event Manager
- Depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Full time hours
- Flex Spending Plan
- Healthiest You
- Legal Shield
- GAP Insurance
Monday-Friday, daytime + weekends as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES for Event Manager
- Organize, manage, and oversee all aspects of fund development events and independent drives: volunteer recruitment, event committee, sub-committee(s), pre-event planning process, the event itself, post-event follow up & evaluations, and maintaining records on event effectiveness (successes, improvements and cost effectiveness). Secure facility, equipment, licenses, insurance, contracts, etc. Coordinate and supervise acquisition of special event items and the donation of goods and services. Monitor fundraising efforts to be sure ethical practices are in place and that fundraising efforts are cost effective.
- Maintain continued, professional communication with Director of Development to assure effective team collaboration and problem solving as issues arise.
- Responsible for providing accurate event and annual sponsorship donation, as well as auction and raffle item information, to Administrative Coordinator for acknowledgement and receipt.
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every event.
- Manage supplier relationships. Ensure excellent patron service and quality delivery.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to event team.
- Travel to on-site inspections and project manage events.
- Responsible for all event budgets from start to finish.
- Maintains records of sponsorships correspondence and completes sponsorship agreements and contracts (cash and in kind), coordinating with Development Director and Finance Director.
- Develop donor relationships. Facilitates meetings with sponsors and follows up on all details to assure needs of sponsors are being met. Maintain long-term donor retention through these relationships.
- Responsible for updating donor contact information in database in timely manner.
- Keep staff and board members informed of event activities and encourage their sponsorship and participation.
- Prepare event management reports for monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Seek Grants and supplemental resources for department programs.
- Actively solicit Annual Sponsorships – monetary, in kind, and media.
- Other duties as assigned.