Under minimal supervision, manages document production efforts and serves as the primary editor and proofreader for outgoing documents following established style guides.
Hours: M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, may vary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned which may become essential to the position.
- Proofread and edit all environmental division documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, formatting, and readability. Facilitate senior review for technical quality.
- Coordinate document production process with Project Managers, including writing, editing, proofing, formatting, creating pdfs, scanning, printing, copying, binding, mailing, and delivering.
- Provide support to Division Manager and Project Managers (i.e. typing, contract preparation, cost proposals).
- Coordinate efforts to create quality marketing materials such as Statement of Qualifications, brochures, and Website information.
- Compose business correspondence portions of standard reports as needed.
- Provide other administrative and clerical duties as needed.
- Performs other projects and tasks as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
A.A. degree or better in English, Business, Communications or related field and minimum of 5 years of related experience or other equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
Certificates and Licenses: Current California Drivers’ License.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of grammar, editing, and proofreading documents.
- Excellent grammar and spelling as well as writing abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Internet browsers, MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient with standard office equipment, printers, fax machines, telephones.
- Experience with Access, Adobe and similar programs is a plus.
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM is required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate multiple aspects of a project is a necessity.
- Ability to focus, work efficiently and quickly under pressure and communicate effectively is a necessity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, face to face, e-mail and written.
- Ability to organize and manage time, work on own initiative, prioritize between conflicting demands, work at a consistently high level of accuracy, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience and ability to work well within a team, create and maintain trust and confidentiality.