DELIVERY DRIVER SUMMARY
Local retail store is currently seeking applicants to interview for a local delivery driving position. This is a great long term opportunity with a reputable company!
REQUIREMENTS for DELIVERY DRIVER
- Valid Driver License, commercial Class B license preferred
- Clean DMV record
- 2 years of delivery driving experience preferred
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items as needed. Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs and lift up to 170 lbs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Merchandising experience is preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Customer service oriented attitude is a MUST!
DELIVERY DRIVER COMPENSATION
- $14-18 per hour depending on experience
CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER HOURS
Monday – Friday, 1st shift. Some Saturdays as needed.
DELIVERY DRIVER DUTIES
- Load and unload product in a safe manner using forklift and pallet jack
- Drive safely to and from delivery sites
- Conduct pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections. Report any issues.
- Ensures accounts are properly rotated according to rotation policies and promptly removes overage product so that it never reaches the consumer.
- Communicates changes and/or opportunities in the individual accounts and the general market to the Pre-Sales Personnel, Route Supervisor and the Area Sales Manager
- Ensures that delivery standards are achieved according to company standards
- Ensures that his/her daily paperwork involving invoices and collections are done in a neat and understandable way. Balances his/her daily paperwork to ensure that collections match invoices.