1 Year of experience in Funeral Services preferred
O2 Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Removal Specialist/ Crematory Operator to fill an opening with a local funeral home company located in Redding. The ideal candidates should be punctual, empathic, and flexible. Since this person represents the funeral home to the public, appropriate attire and a compassionate attitude are paramount
Requirements of the Removal Specialist/ Crematory Operator
- Demonstrate proficiency in correct use of a mortuary stretcher, use of ankle bands and appropriate wrapping of decedent
- Strict adherence to the employee dress code is expected while performing a removal
- Must master the identification tracking method used for human remains
Benefits of the Removal Specialist/ Crematory Operator
- $14/hour starting rate of pay
- Day time hours
- Voluntary medical, dental, vision and term life insurance
Responsibilities of the Removal Specialist/ Crematory Operator
- Operate funeral home vehicles in a safe and inconspicuous manner.
- Operate removal equipment in a repetitious safe manner.
- Employ safe practices utilizing “Universal Precautions” when in contact with human remains.
- Employ safe lift practices while moving human remains.
- Must consistently utilize the log in/log out system, white boards, and identification bands with each decedent.
- Must notify the appropriate team member of special requests or alerts, safeguard and record all decedent personal belongings and jewelry.
- Accurate time entries both personal and for the case file
- Responsible for notification of equipment or vehicles that require attention
Any other task as assigned