O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is assisting a growing company to find a CPA! See the job description below for details:
Local accounting firm is seeking an experienced CPA. This is a full time, long term position that requires at least two years of experience in public accounting. We are looking for a motivated professional, who has a personal commitment to integrity and his/her own professional improvement; who thrives working as both a leader and team-builder; who is looking for a long-term commitment; and who wants to join us in serving our professional and small business clients. Pay will be dependent on experience.
SUMMARY FOR CPA
The CPA is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports for individuals and companies, auditing financial reports for compliance, and reviewing each company’s financial status to ensure there are no discrepancies.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CPA
- Maintain and audit company financial records.
- Oversee budget and financial management.
- Perform duties related to bookkeeping, preparation of government audits, taxes, and financial planning.
- Recommend fiscally advantageous methods to save money.
- Work with tax returns and analyze financial information to ensure taxes are paid on time.
- Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending.
- Report financial information to management.
- Create and analyze budgets.
- Advise management on tax ramifications of business decisions
- Act as a consultant in areas such as compensation, benefits, and asset protection.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable.
- Forecast revenue and analyze ledgers.
- Identify and investigate variances.
- Participate in strategic planning, fraud prevention, and budget development.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CPA
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years experience in public accounting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, UltraTax Software, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent organizational skills with experience performing projects and meeting reporting deadlines
- Effective professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven record working with small to large-sized business clients