O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local accounting firm to find their next Certified Public Accountant. We are looking for a motivated professional, who has a personal commitment to integrity and his/her own professional improvement; who thrives working as both a leader and team-builder; who is looking for a long-term commitment; and who wants to join us in serving our professional and small business clients. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Red Bluff, CA.
Dependent on Experience
DUTIES for Certified Public Accountant
- Maintain and audit company financial records.
- Oversee budget and financial management.
- Perform duties related to bookkeeping, preparation of government audits, taxes, and financial planning.
- Recommend fiscally advantageous methods to save money.
- Work with tax returns and analyze financial information to ensure taxes are paid on time.
- Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending.
- Report financial information to management.
- Create and analyze budgets.
- Advise management on tax ramifications of business decisions
- Act as a consultant in areas such as compensation, benefits, and asset protection.
- Oversee accounts payable and receivable.
- Forecast revenue and analyze ledgers.
- Identify and investigate variances.
- Participate in strategic planning, fraud prevention, and budget development.
QUALIFICATIONS for Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, UltraTax Software, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent organizational skills with experience performing projects and meeting reporting deadlines
- Effective professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven record working with small to large-sized business clients