COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER SUMMARY
Local food distributor is currently seeking applicants to interview for a local commercial delivery driving position. This is a great long term opportunity with a reputable company!
REQUIREMENTS for COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER
- Valid Class B Driver License
- Clean DMV record
- 2 years of commercial driving experience
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items as needed. Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs and lift up to 70 lbs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Merchandising experience is preferred
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Customer service oriented attitude is a MUST!
- Must pass DOT drug screen and complete DOT driver packet
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER COMPENSATION
- $18/hr plus overtime
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Retirement plan
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER HOURS
- Mon-Fri, day shift starting at 4/5am
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER DUTIES
- Load and unload product in a safe manner using forklift and pallet jack
- Drive safely to and from delivery sites
- Conduct pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections. Report any issues.
- Ensures accounts are properly rotated according to rotation policies and promptly removes overage product so that it never reaches the consumer.
- Communicates changes and/or opportunities in the individual accounts and the general market to the Pre-Sales Personnel, Route Supervisor and the Area Sales Manager
- Develops a working knowledge of credit, State and Federal laws and regulations, and all Company policies relative to the completion of his/her duties.
- Ensures that delivery and merchandising standards are achieved according to company standards
- Ensures that his/her daily paperwork involving invoices and collections are done in a neat and understandable way.
- Balances his/her daily paperwork to ensure that collections match invoices.