Local company is seeking candidates for a full-time CNC Machinist who can operate lathes and mills. This person will produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machines, maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
DOE & Benefits
Monday through Friday, daytime
DUTIES for CNC Machinist Lathe/Mill Operator
- Produce machined components and products on both CNC and manual machine shop equipment, lathes and mills.
- Set up machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches.
- Reduce production failures and improve yields.
- Maintain time standards, production schedule and quality.
- Create, load, edit and store CNC programs.
- Write CNC programs to produce accurate and high-quality parts.
- Perform milling, turning, drilling, tapping, sawing and sanding tasks.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Assemble, repair, and fabricate metal parts.
- Perform final operations including de-burring, cleaning and inspecting parts.
QUALIFICATIONS for CNC Machinist Lathe/Mill Operator
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a machine tool occupation, including CNC machines, mills, lathes, saws, and various machine shop tools.
- Experience in writing CNC and lathe programs to machine parts.
- Ability to read blue prints and use precise measuring tools.
- Ability to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Understand and apply basic machining principles and make adjustments as necessary.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills, be able to get along with others easily.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and high level of accuracy in work product.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, sit, reach, stoop, crouch, climb, balance, feel, and communicate. This position will be regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Must be able to frequently lift, pull, push objects that weight up to 50 pounds.