CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER SUMMARY
Local beverage distributor is currently seeking applicants to interview for a local class A delivery driving position. This is a great long term opportunity with a reputable company!
REQUIREMENTS for CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER
- -Valid Class A Driver License with current medical card
- -Clean DMV record
- -2 years of commercial driving experience
- -Must be able to bend, reach, kneel,twist and grip items as needed. Must beable to carry up to -50 lbs and lift up to 170 lbs
- -Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- -Merchandising experience is preferred
- -Professional appearance and demeanor
- -Customer service oriented attitude is a MUST!
- -Must pass DOT drug screen and complete DOT driver packet
CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER COMPENSATION
- -$20/hr plus overtime
- -Health, dental and vision insurance
- -Paid vacation
- -Profit sharing
CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER HOURS
4- 10 hour shifts, days will vary. Must be available on weekends
CLASS A DELIVERY DRIVER DUTIES
- -Load and unload product in a safe manner using forklift and pallet jack
- -Drive safely to and from delivery sites
- -Conduct pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections. Report any issues.
- -Ensures accounts are properly rotated according to rotation policies and promptly removes overage product so that it never reaches the consumer.
- -Communicates changes and/or opportunities in the individual accounts and the general market to the Pre-Sales Personnel, Route Supervisor and the Area Sales Manager
- -Develops a working knowledge of credit, State and Federal laws and regulations, and all Company policies relative to the completion of his/her duties.
- -Ensures that delivery and merchandising standards are achieved according to company standards
- -Ensures that his/her daily paperwork involving invoices and collections are done in a neat and understandable way. Balances his/her daily paperwork to ensure that collections match invoices.