Local company is seeking an Associate Export Representative to join their dynamic international team. This person will support the international team and assist international customers with placing orders, product pricing, availability, delivery and shipping costs, and order status updates.
$13-15/hour + benefits including a generous medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
DUTIES for Associate Export Representative
- Provide administrative support to the international team as needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Process international customer orders via the web, email, fax, and by telephone.
- Provide clear concise information to international customers regarding their technical questions by working with product specialists.
- Confirm and provided delivery date, best shipping mode, and freight costs for all shipments to appropriate international destinations.
- Enter orders accurately and promptly into the software system. Convert invoices to confirmed orders and prepare customer order for shipment. Coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Interact with international customers on a regular basis by email, and occasionally by phone, to manage the quality and order fulfillment process.
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS for Associate Export Representative
- High school diploma required; college coursework preferred.
- Good knowledge of world geography is preferred. Ability to appreciate cultural differences and relate well with international customers.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of customer service experience is required. Experience with international customers preferred.
- Requires excellent communication skills, ability to produce professional written correspondence for international customers.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet. Experience with business software programs preferred. Must type at least 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required. Good problem solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly.
- Must have good math, reading, writing and spelling skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language, verbally and in writing. Knowledge of foreign language is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Must be results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times