O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local architectural firm to find their next ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTER. Ideal candidates will be personable, detail oriented, and task driven. This is a full time, long term opportunity located in Redding, CA.
REQUIREMENTS for ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTER
- 2-3 years’ experience specifically in ARCHITECTURAL drafting
- 1-3 years’ experience using CAD software
- Requires excellent communication skills, and ability to understand clients’ needs
- Good problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times
COMPENSATION for ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTER
- Salary dependent on experience
- Full time
RESPONSIBILITIES for ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTER
- Gather Requirements and Data
- Early in the design and drafting process, architectural drafters gather project requirements and specifications from clients, architects, and engineers to use as a starting point. This can include information about the construction site, such as elevation, access roads, and utilities, along with project-specific information, such as the number of rooms, materials, and functional requirements for industrial or commercial projects.
- Prepare Architectural Drawings
- Architectural drafters work closely with architects and engineers to prepare detailed architectural drawings. Working from rough drawings and specifications, drafters use computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to prepare full-scale and detail drawings. These drawings specify the project’s dimensions, including room sizes and elevations, and provide contractors and construction crews with information on materials and building plans.
- Update Designs
- During the design and drafting process, architectural drafters update and modify designs based on new information or at the request of a client. Typically, the architectural drafter will submit multiple versions of a drawing to the architectural and engineering team or to the client for final approval. While updating drawings, the architectural drafter ensures that changes do not have unforeseen effects on other construction elements.
- Perform Calculations and Check for Accuracy
- Architectural drafters also use their familiarity with mathematical and construction principles to perform calculations and check drawings for accuracy. These calculations can include vital elements such as load-bearing beams within a structure. Architectural drafters also check other team members’ drawings for accuracy, making sure that their calculations and determinations are correct before sending the drawings back to the lead architect for final approval.
- Accompany Architects and Engineers on Site Visits
- Often, architectural drafters will accompany architects and engineers to jobsites prior to work starting and throughout the construction process. During initial site visits, the architectural drafter gathers data and takes measurements, verifying elements such as the elevation and surrounding area. On later site visits, the architectural drafter ensures that construction workers are adhering to the plans and specifications.
- Provide Drawings and Specifications to Contractors
- Architectural drafters also play a central role in providing information to contractors and construction crews throughout the planning and building processes. This can include providing detailed drawings of certain construction elements and answering questions that arise while contractors review the blueprints. Additionally, the architectural drafter may prepare additional drawings and answer questions under the supervision of the architect.