O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local organization to find an ADMINISTRATIVE AND MARKETING ASSISTANT.
This position is located in REDDING, CALIFORNIA.
As stewards of Proposition 10 tobacco tax funding, this organization pursues wise investment in programs, activities, and services that benefit children, ages 0-to-5, their families, and the community. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative and Marketing Assistant performs a variety of office, marketing, and administrative support duties in a small office environment. The steady and diverse array of tasks accomplished by the Administrative and Marketing Assistant is critical to daily operations and the achievement of the organization’s long-term goals.
This posting is for a .75 – 1.0 FTE (30-40 hours/week) position located in Redding, California with the following salary range:
- Assistant I: Hourly: $16.78-$19.61; Annually: $26,176.80 – $30,591.63 (.75 FTE)/$34,902.40 – $40,788.80 (1.0 FTE)
- Assistant II: Hourly: $20.44-$23.89; Annually: $31,886.40 – $37,268.40 (.75 FTE)/$42,515.20 – $49,691.20 (1.0 FTE)
Available benefits include:
- Paid Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Cafeteria Plan with Benefit Stipend
DUTIES for ADMINISTRATIVE AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
Note: The following examples illustrate the work performed in this position. This list is not inclusive. A position may require related duties not listed, if necessary, to accomplish the work of the organization.
- Exercises sound judgment, tact and courtesy in screening visitors and telephone calls; provides information or answers to inquiries or refers callers to appropriate source on own initiative.
- Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, email, and file management. Creates or maintains files in Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations and uses proprietary databases and Microsoft SharePoint to store and retrieve information.
- Operates a variety of contemporary office equipment, including a copier, scanner, projector, and multi-line phone system.
- Establishes, retrieves, and maintains numerous types of files and manual and electronic record systems requiring a knowledge of a variety of indexing methods.
- Receive and process official documents and mail addressed to the office.
- Prepares requisitions, orders, notices, and financial records.
- Creates, revises and/or cancels travel arrangements;
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Performs a variety of general office support duties necessary for efficient office operation.
- Provides support for organization programs, including receiving, preparing and processing book orders, processing and labeling shipments as received, managing inventory using appropriate software/systems, program participant correspondence, and related tasks as needed.
- Develops and prepares marketing materials with input from program staff
- Assists in the organizing of and support for promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts with input from program staff
- Responsible for maintenance of common spaces for appearance and functionality.
- Prepares meeting agenda from instructions and other submitted material; provides agendas and related information to staff and the public; prepares meeting minutes.
- Sets up meeting schedule and space, including necessary audiovisual equipment, materials, and food and beverages as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Coordinates facilities and logistics for outside events; provides on-site event support as needed
- Manages all office equipment and outside vendors; keeps stock of office supplies and orders new supplies when needed.
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
- Maintains appointment schedules, revising as necessary to accommodate changing priorities; contacts others to arrange appointments or conferences; assembles correspondence, files and other materials in preparation for meetings.
- Receive and direct telephone calls and email messages and relay conversation and pertinent messages to others while maintaining accuracy, clarity and confidentiality.
- Composes correspondence, independently or with minimal direction, from rough draft, marginal notes, or verbal instructions.
- Assist with Commission, committee and collaborative communications.
QUALIFICATIONS for ADMINISTRATIVE AND MARKETING ASSISTANT
Any combination of education and experience sufficient to directly demonstrate possession and application of the following:
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, including office protocol and various filing procedures.
- Knowledge of standard business formats for correspondence, narrative reports and related materials.
- Knowledge of basic customer service standards and principles.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn Laserfiche or other web-based document management and storage system.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn marketing techniques including use of social media
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on a variety of matters guided by general instructions.
- Ability to perform complex clerical work and accurately type a wide variety of correspondence, forms, reports and minutes at a speed of not less than 45 words/minute.
- Ability to perform complex tasks using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe.
- Ability to enter and maintain fiscal information such as invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of sources and to compile the information following general directions.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and to use a ten-key calculator with accuracy.
- Ability to deal with other employees and the public with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to take responsibility for daily tasks and special projects and to prioritize workload to address needs of multiple staff.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
The Administrative and Marketing Assistant I is the entry-level of this classification. Under supervision, incumbent will perform a variety of support tasks as outlined above. As skill is gained, supervision is reduced and an incumbent performs the required duties more independently. Typically, an individual in this class has a minimum of a High School Diploma plus three years of progressively responsible clerical and/or marketing experience in a related office environment. College or business school training may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience. The Administrative and Marketing Assistant II is the experienced level class in the Assistant series. Incumbents in this class perform more complex duties and hold responsibility for program components under limited supervision. Typically, an individual in this class has a minimum of an Associate’s Degree plus four years of progressively responsible experience equivalent to an Assistant I.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license
- The employee will be expected to use her/his own vehicle for travel within Shasta County.
- Proof of current automobile insurance coverage
- Willingness to be fingerprinted
- The employee may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- This position is a .75 – 1.0 FTE (30-40 hours/week) position, to be determined based on organizational needs and applicant availability.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION:
Please send the following:
- Cover Letter
- Responses to Required Supplemental Questions (below)
- Typing Certificate
Please submit the required documents formatted as a Word document or PDF to email@example.com. Applications that are missing any of the required documents will not be considered complete and will not be reviewed. Applicants will be screened and those considered best qualified will be invited to appear for an interview. Meeting the announced requirements does not guarantee inclusion into the selection process.
REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS
- Please state your total number of years of clerical and/or marketing experience and describe in detail how you meet the minimum requirement of at least three years of progressively responsible clerical and/or marketing experience in a related office environment.
- Describe your multitasking experience and abilities, including a specific example of a situation where you have used these skills and abilities in a challenging workplace situation.
- Describe your familiarity and skill with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Laserfiche or other web-based document storage systems.