ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTION CLERK SUMMARY
O2 Staffing, Northern California’s premiere employment agency, is currently partnering with a local trucking company to find their next accounts receivable & collections clerk. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented, self-motivated, personable and reliable. This is a full time, long term position with a reputable local company.
QUALIFICATIONS for ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTION CLERK
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment is preferred but not required.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Expert project management and organizational skills
- Great organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with financial management software
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTION CLERK COMPENSATION
$14-15/hr depending on experience
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTION CLERK DUTIES
- Maintaining bookkeeping databases and spreadsheets, updating information as needed
- Communicating with clients and customers to request and arrange payments
- Recording and tracking payments in databases
- Updating client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail or Email correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Faxes or Emails documents to accounts and follow up.
- Research late-payments, non-payments, short payments, and overpayments.
- Make appropriate adjustments in our accounting software so that books are properly balanced
- Maintain a thorough record of notes and correspondence with customers including dates and times of correspondence.
- Pull and/or file pertinent paperwork regarding discrepancies. For example, invoices, bills of lading, or other.
- Collect check payments and ACH payments daily to calculate daily deposit totals.
Conduct bank errands make deposits at banks only
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & COLLECTION CLERK HOURS
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, Tuesday 8:00am – 5:00pm