O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s leader in staffing and recruitment, is working with a local company to find their next employee. This position is located in REDDING, CALIFORNIA.
Local company is seeking an ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE to join their team. This person will perform one or more functions within the Accounting office including accounts receivable, billing, coordination of returns, as well as other administrative duties. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
This person will be hired on through O2 Staffing for ABOUT 90 days; upon successful trial period, this person will be hired on as regular full-time employee.
Hourly pay rate will be commensurate with experience. Upon hire, this position includes a generous medical, dental and life insurance plan, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm and/or as needed; hours may vary based on business needs.
DUTIES for ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE
- Responsible for performing various accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, Returns and Billing functions, as well as perform related general office duties. Will fill in where needed on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements or suggestions to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Familiarize yourself with a variety of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Create and follow up on customer return authorizations. (RMAs)
- Create and follow up on customer repair requests.
- Monitor return receipts and issue credit to customers.
- Work with purchasing department to facilitate returns to vendor.
- Work with warehouse personnel to ensure customer credits reflect properly in inventory.
- Keep track of Quality Control reports relating to customer return issues, coordinate with purchasing on disposition.
- Apply customer payments and post payments received to accounting system as needed.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies as needed.
- Process credit card payment and credits as needed.
- Make adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Perform collection activities on past due accounts.
- Prepare high volume billing and invoicing on an occasional basis, utilizing computer software system. Invoice customers both electronically and manually.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate staff.
- Handle front office reception duties, as needed, including greet walk-in customers and visitors, maintain sign-in book, and provide name tags.
- Answer billing questions, internally and externally.
- Perform administrative duties including filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
QUALIFICATIONS for ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE
- High school diploma with college accounting courses required, or the equivalent in work experience. AA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in A/P, A/R or general bookkeeping required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, data entry, and customer service and general accounting related experience preferred.
- Must have some experience with accounting / billing computer software. Experience with ERP system is preferred.
- Must have strong typing skills and 10-key skills, and familiarity with using a variety of office machines such as credit card processing, fax machine, copiers, and printers.
- Strong attention to detail, and high level of accuracy in work product.
- Strong customer interaction skills, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, on the phone and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and must be able to learn new things quickly.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work independently, as well as work well in a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, and ability to prioritize.
- Must have strong attendance record and work ethic.
- Must maintain positive attitude at all times.
- While performing this job the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. Continuous sitting, use of hands and arms, grasping, and fine manipulation. Frequent standing, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, use of step stool, and lifting/carrying 10 pounds. Occasional climbing stairs, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 30 pounds.