O2 Staffingis currently seeking an experienced Funeral Director to fill an opening with a local funeral home company located in Redding. The ideal candidates should well versed in communication, methods of final disposition, transportation, funeral and memorial practices and products available for purchase. Since this person represents the funeral home to the public, appropriate attire and a compassionate attitude are paramount.
Requirements of the Funeral Director
· Must possess a valid Funeral Director’s License
· Must be an active listener — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Must be service orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
· Must have excellent coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
· Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
· Must be comfortable talking to others to convey information effectively.
· Must have strong decision making skills — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
· Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem. The Funeral Director should have the ability to step in when and more experienced or mature individual is needed.
· An overall experienced view of the operation, it’s relationship to other operations within the company and the ability to adjust staffing and schedules to meet the company’s obligations.
Benefits of the Funeral Director
· $22-25/hour Rate of pay depends on experience
· Day time hours
· Voluntary medical, dental, vision and term life insurance
Responsibilities of the Removal Specialist/ Crematory Operator
· Funeral Arrangements: The successful Funeral Director will demonstrate best practices in making funeral arrangements for burials and cremations. This will include sale of services, cremation products, caskets, urns and headstones. The Funeral Arranger will deploy professional techniques such as the “five minute” rule and all other behaviors presented in company sponsored sales training.
· Direct preparations and shipment of bodies for out-of-state burial.
· Discuss and negotiate pre-arranged funerals with clients.
· Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
· Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
· Communication: Demonstrate excellent telephone skills
· The Funeral Director will coordinate, implement and review practices that ensure compliance with regulations governing the funeral industry in California.
· Software: Demonstrate ability to function efficiently in Osiris case management software.
· Any/ All other duties as assigned.