We are looking for an energetic, task driven, customer service focused individual to be the secretary of a local heating and air conditioning company. This position is full time, Monday through Friday and requires attention to detail.
- Answers telephone and routes call to the appropriate person(s)
- Schedule the Residential estimator for appointments.
- Create contracts and proposals for new installations
- Create job folders and schedule inspections at completion of jobs
- Assist the Residential department as needed
- Schedule Ducts “In A” Row
- Greets visitors and ascertains the nature of their call and takes action as needed
- Operates office equipment such as fax machine, photocopying machine, calculator and computer
- Types correspondence and files paperwork
- Project a positive image of the company at all times—with customers, vendors and employees
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Types estimates & invoices for counter sales
- Keep books, information, files and materials organized
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED OR DESIRABLE
- High school diploma
- Must have excellent skills in use of telephone systems—voice must project cheerful, friendly and positive image of the Company
- Must have skills in typing, telephone communications, math, basic computer skills (including word processing, data entry), spreadsheets, filing
- Must have a basic understanding of bookkeeping
- Must be well organized, patient, courteous and friendly to customers and fellow employees
- Experience in customer service and dispatching is desirable – “the customer may not always be right, but the customer is NEVER wrong”!
- Some knowledge of materials and parts associated with this type of work is desirable
- Adaptive to Company methods and preferences
- Strives for neatness and error-free professional image in all areas—appearance, paperwork, work area
- Self starter
- Body Position: Sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and kneeling.
- Body Movements: Walking, turning head and torso, bending arms, grasping and touching with wrists and fingers, reaching, lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Body Senses: Must have adequate use of sight, hearing and smell.
- Wages: $15-$17 per hour