Local family law practice is seeking a PARALEGAL to join their team. The Paralegal will provide assistance with Divorce, Separation, Paternity, Custody, Guardianship, and Child Support. This is a full time, long term opportunity.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Monday-Friday, daytime, 40 hours/week
DUTIES for PARALEGAL
· Completing legal intake with clients
· Assist with safety planning if needed
· Provide limited legal services on the matters stated above, including preparing protection orders, documents related to child custody, paternity and divorce, process and assemble documents for filing with the court
· Referring clients to Attorney/Legal Resources as needed for legal services that the Paralegal cannot provide.
· Data entry.
QUALIFICATIONS for PARALEGAL
The ability to:
· Exhibit technical and professional expertise and decorum
· Solve problems and analyze difficult or challenging issues
· Take initiative to evaluate and streamline processes
· Communicate effectively in both specific and broad terms
· Develop and maintain good relationships
· Collaborate, foster, and encourage teamwork.
· Communication Proficiency
· Strong Organization Skills
· Detail Oriented
· Technical capacity
· Collaboration Skills
· Strong Multi-tasking Skills
· Time Management
· Stress Management/Composure
Trained Skills Needed:
· 2 years’ experience in Family Law
· Basic legal concepts, terminology, principles, rules, and procedures
· Document preparation techniques
· Standard office procedures and equipment
· Filing techniques and procedures
· Ability to conduct basic legal research, including the location of statutes and computerized legal research utilization
· Basic understanding of family law, civil law, criminal law, and rules of civil and criminal procedure
· Strong verbal, writing, and organizational skills including the ability to meet deadlines
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and other computer skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize staff requests, and set expectations
· Ability to handle confidential material
· Ability to communicate in crisis situations
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Self-sufficient and resourceful
· Strong customer focus with interpersonal, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
MUST POSSESS the following:
· A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
*** Recruiting handled exclusively by O2 Employment Services, Northern California’s premier recruiting and headhunting agency. Please apply online at www.o2es.com. You will find the link in the top right-hand corner of the webpage. After you complete the online application, call us to schedule an interview! 530-223-4674