Local construction company is seeking a full time experienced secretary to join their team. An ideal candidate will be able provide clerical and administrative support while assisting in whatever capacity is needed to keep operations flowing and on track. This oftentimes includes routine office tasks such as taking messages or pulling files. Additionally will perform duties consisting of scheduling subcontractors or gathering paperwork needed to complete bids. This position will often encounter working with computers, project diaries, change orders, blueprints, budgeting, bids and workplace safety information.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Discuss account status or activity with customers or patrons.
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Refer customers to appropriate personnel.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Enter information into databases or software programs.
- Operate computers or computerized equipment.
- Collect deposits, payments or fees.
- Operate office equipment.
- Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
- Record personnel information.
- Select resources needed to accomplish tasks.
- Operate communications equipment or systems.
- Schedule appointments.
- Distribute materials to employees or customers.
- Issue documentation or identification to customers or employees.
- Record information from meetings or other formal proceedings.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Develop organizational policies or programs.
- Prepare employee work schedules.
- Send information, materials or documentation.
- Make travel, accommodations, or entertainment arrangements for others.
- Schedule operational activities.
- Distribute incoming mail.
- Proofread documents, records, or other files to ensure accuracy.
- Route mail to correct destinations.
- Search files, databases or reference materials to obtain needed information.
- Supervise clerical or administrative personnel.
- Manage clerical or administrative activities.
- Coordinate operational activities.
- Maintain current knowledge related to work activities.
- Train personnel.
- Prepare informational or reference materials.
- Develop computer or online applications.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
Preferred Education & Experience
Three to five years of experience in the construction industry is strongly recommended.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Full-time. Monday through Friday, occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.