COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER SUMMARY
Local food distributor is currently seeking applicants to interview for a local commercial delivery driving position. This is a great long-term opportunity with a reputable company!
REQUIREMENTS for COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER
· Valid Class B Driver License
· Clean DMV record
· 2 years of commercial driving experience
· Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items as needed. Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs and lift up to 70 lbs
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Merchandising experience is preferred
· Professional appearance and demeanor
· Customer service-oriented attitude is a MUST!
· Must pass DOT drug screen and complete DOT driver packet
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER COMPENSATION
· $18/hr plus overtime
· Health, dental and vision insurance
· Paid vacation
· Retirement plan
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER HOURS
Mon-Fri, day shift starting at 4/5 am
COMMERCIAL DELIVERY DRIVER DUTIES
· Load and unload product in a safe manner using forklift and pallet jack
· Drive safely to and from delivery sites
· Conduct pre and post vehicle and equipment inspections. Report any issues.
· Ensures accounts are properly rotated according to rotation policies and promptly removes overage product so that it never reaches the consumer.
· Communicates changes and/or opportunities in the individual accounts and the general market to the Pre-Sales Personnel, Route Supervisor and the Area Sales Manager
· Develops a working knowledge of credit, State and Federal laws and regulations, and all Company policies relative to the completion of his/her duties.
· Ensures that delivery and merchandising standards are achieved according to company standards
· Ensures that his/her daily paperwork involving invoices and collections is done in a neat and understandable way. Balances his/her daily paperwork to ensure that collections match invoices.