The Cashier is responsible for receiving and processing payments to accounts, account deposits, and other various transactions associated with student accounts and Student Accounts Receivables.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two to three years of proper cash handling experience in a professional setting.
- Experience with financial practices and procedures including internal control, basic record-keeping, reconciliation, and depositing of collected funds.
- Experience in business, bookkeeping, and accounting related courses.
- Two years of strong customer service skills within a financial or higher educational setting
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- A personal relationship with Jesus, a vibrant Christian faith, and a commitment to Christian community; capable of sharing faith and engaging in conversations about Christ.
- Demonstrate the University Values in the performance of all duties
- Maintain lifestyle in accordance with the University Lifestyle Policy in Staff Handbook
- Maintain the confidentiality of information, data and records. Properly use tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills in the performance of job duties
- Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills in the performance of job duties
- Supervises employees in accordance with the University policies and procedures (for supervisory positions)
- Support the overflow needs of other departments within the respective university area
- Perform other duties in accordance with this position as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor
- Serves as a front-line person at the Student Financial Services desk, responding professionally and courteously to all inquiries from constituents, i.e. students, parents, lenders, faculty, administrative, and support staff through email and phone communications. Manages Student Accounts Email account.
- Serves as a cashier for the college; accepts cash, check, credit card, and ACH payments from students/parents and 3rd
- Performs data entry to include timely and accurate recording of payments, charges, and adjustment transactions; reconcile daily entries between various software, including financial aid advances and refunds; verify appropriate documentation.
- Reviews past-due accounts; contacts currently enrolled students with past-due balances; counsel students in meeting college financial obligations; reviews account for accuracy (charges/payments); manually adjust accounts as needed
- Authorize removal of AR Holds after financial deficiencies have been corrected.
- Coordinates outgoing correspondence for the department to include mailing of invoices, monthly statements, brochures and reports, and other communications; proofreading, stuffing, and mailing
- Analyzes accounts to answer questions for students, staff, parents, outside organizations, and the departments
- Prepare and send invoices to third-party payers for student tuition and other special payments.
- Maintains department website ensuring accuracy and federal compliance.
- Assist with special projects and reports, assist auditors as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.